Zoom 2100

Anybody usng a Zoom 2100 for looping?

I don't have one of these but I'm trying to understand how the Basic
Sampler
function works.  The manual leaves me a little fuzzy.

Say that you enter "record standby mode" and you record to sampler 1.  I
understand that you can then play back sampler 1 by pressing and holding
foot switch 1.  At that point, how do you record to sampler 2?  Is each
sampler individually in "record standby mode?"  And each sampler exits
"record standby mode" when you record something to it?  Does pressing the
Bank switch put all the samplers (1, 2, and 3) into "record standby mode?"

I appreciate all help that anybody can give.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com