mechanically sequenced band

I wrote that when we were talking about mechanical sustained sounds,
but then felt I wanted the creators to look it up...:

I have seen an incredible simple mechanic sequencer in Rio, made by
Alexandre Boratto (AVLTECH) for Tato Taborda:
A motor with gear turning a cylinder of about 8cm diameter with
screws on it that moves aluminum/inox  handles where a nylon/steel wire
connects to the various hammers and activators of a multi-instrumental
sculpture.
The handles have springs to fall back and another handle that can fix
them in the off position, so the user can bring each instrument
separately in and out while the sequencer is running.
Its not very accurate and the programming with the screws is rather
slow, but its a lot of fun to see it working - real acoustic!

Alexandres <avltech@openlink.com.br> comment:
The "Sonambulante" or "Homem Banda", is a research in "low tech",
  but it was a lot of experiments in new timbral sounds and Ergonomics.
An old Typewriter was modified to  actuate by wires about 25 percussive
sounds.
The Incredible bass uses all the structure to hold a nylon wire that uses
a piezo transducer as a bridge, and you can produce notes directly with
one hand.
There are about  60  different actuators to produce sounds acoustically,
even with motorized systems, and it is totally self-powered,  with a P.A. ,
mixer ,  sub-woofer , and a 180W amp.

I hope they can make up a site with picture... or some of you may
make it to Rio. Carnaval starts this week...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org