Audience for "out" music

Andre La Fosse:

It could just be my imagination, but it seems like there's actually an
increasing receptiveness for "new" music on the part of a lot of
listeners these days.  I keep thinking of the cross-breeding that's been
going on between some of the "post-rock" or "alternative" schools of
thought with "new music" over the last few years -- Jim O'Rourke, Thrill
Jockey records, John Fahey, the Fibbers, the Sonic Youth EPs, etc.

Me:

I too would like to hear thoughts on this.  I recently attended a show by
Charms of the Night Sky (quartet of Dave Douglas, Mark Feldman, Guy
Kluvesek(sp?), a bassist), with local Tampa Bay avant jazz band Shim
opening
at Club More in Clearwater.  The place was packed!  And I mean, packed, in
larger-than-normal sized club!

Paolo