Re: "OT" Regarding JAZZ (Ken Burn's Series)

>I like how Cecil Taylor was brought up just so Branford Marsalis
>could refer to his stuff as "self-indulgent bullshit"...what's up
>w/that?!

uh huh, and Branford's big giant oh-i-wish-i-coulda-been was to be
Lester Young playing behind Billie Holiday.  that was a good one.
poor brandon.

all in all, i thoroughly enjoyed the series, with exceptions of
Wynton Marsalis, the repetitive use of the same photography across
episodes (and not syncronous with the timeline of the story), and the
way that the last episode just dropped off into outer space as far as
the current jazz innovators.  why were none of the current jazzers
interviewed, so we could see the passion that drives their music?

rich