RE: out

I'd say the term 'out' probably comes from 'outsider'...music created by people outside mainstream & academic schools...like "outsider art". So it seems like a term that may be as misleading today as "New Music"... I prefer the blanket (vague) term 'creative music' because it refers to the full spectrum of the music and reflects the efforts of composers and musicians constantly trying new things,

** while i tend to agree with you, the usage of the term "creative music" does imply that people cannot be creative in other musical endeavors and often makes me feel that i am being elitist ifi use it. when people ask me what i do i am often at a loss for words.

++Agreed...labels are labels...it's like the prefix of 'art-' before Rock or Song, etc...snooty as if nothing else is of an equal value...I guess since I don't normally have to describe the stuff I make or listen to, I didn't consider that.

I'd also like to point out that I was making a guess at the origin of the term 'out' in the above paragraph...that's I said it may be misleading...and yeah also, the like Beat slang, 'out', 'gone', whatever...freaky, extraterrestrial

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!