Re: 1U PC for Kyma

Why not just get a secondhand Llaptop ?
Advantages -
Built in keyboard/mouse
Screen-on-a-hinge
Uninterruptable power supply
Cheap - if like me you get a straight pentium.
Quiet
Small
Light

I have a sliding drawer on the bottom 1U of my 5U rack which  has a couple
of velcro strips on it. These are matched by a couple of strips on the base
of the llaptop, (I actually remembered to put the soft ones on the
llaptop -good move).
When I get to the gig I open the drawer , stick the llaptop on it and I'm
off. The 3U behind the fold up screen is occupied by the front of the
Capybara and a Lexicon Reverb unit and I have a spirit mixer bolted along
the top of the rack. I have a mains block racked up to the back of the unit
too. The whole thing is manageable and not too heavy.