Unwieldy JamMan AABA

I struggled with making the Jamman do what I wanted for a few years . .
.then I sold it on Ebay and bought an echoplex.  Now it's much easier to
create structures the way I want.  Of course, when I saw Steve Lawson at
the
Bass Exchange, he didn't have any problems creating his music magic with
just a Jamman and a DL-4--granted, he's not playing pop songs, but he does
play what I would consider to be "songs" (well, OK, at least most of the
time), in that there are melodies and chord changes--still, I think he
works
within the limitations of the unit, rather than trying to make it do what
it
can't.
The Jammer gave me headaches trying to create "My Cherie Amour" or
whatever,
so I was incredibly grateful to find that the Echoplex was so flexible in
terms of multiplying, inserting, etc.  Still, looping seems to have a built
in limitation in that you can only create and repeat.  And with sonically
augmented performances being so ubiquitous, I gotta think that having an A
section up yer sleeve on the Repeater Smart Media card is gonna be tough to
resist.
Unless maybe the EDP upgrade is going to include storage capabilities?
I can dream, can't I . . .
Hey, we're talking gear again!
Gary