Re: Boomerang vs. Repeater

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Mark Pulver wrote:

>  >And that's exactly why we will not ship Repeater until everything is
>  >solid.
>
> Sometimes I just don't know what people want...
>
> There's so much bitching and moaning in this industry from folks when a
> product gets released early and turns up buggy. Then there's so much
> bitching and moaning from folks when a product is held by the
>manufacturer
> in order to make sure that it's right.
>
> It seems far and between that someone can appreciate when a manufacturer
> actually says that they need more time.

I have 3 nephews in the age range of 2-6 and they tend to be more patient
and well behaved than a lot of the folks I've seen whining about the
Repeater delays - and if you go back in time a bit - the EDP software
upgrades. Hell, if I was working on a looping product, I wouldn't say a
word about it on here lest my inbox get jammed with "WHEN'S IT GOING TO BE
READY, HUH?" messages.

The last thing the looping community needs to do is to piss off the people
who are making us our toys, because if you piss them off enough, they
might decide that future development just isn't worth the hassle of
the thankless task of dealing with a bunch of impatient brats.

-Adam

---
      "...if one strives at hearing for the sake of constant virtue,
      out of seeking liberation from cyclic existence, gradually one
                          becomes a Hearer."
                          - Chandrakirti

             T h e   D a r k   A e t h e r   P r o j e c t
                      http://www.darkaether.net/