Electrix interfaces (was: Boomerang vs. Repeater)

>Re:Electrix products:
>Am I right in thinking that for all their midi capabilities,
>there are no preprogrammable memories on the majority of Electrix
>processors?  I mean, some of them look great (particularly the mofx) but
>since I need to play my guitar (which makes changing fx setting somewhat
>difficult), without presets it's of limited use.  The webpage doesn't seem
>to address this anywhere...
>
>Mike

yeah, no presets.

i guess you could think of this as a drag, but they're just different
beasts.  For me, they act and feel like stomp boxes, and you 'play'
them as such.  I haven't really gotten upset that there's no presets
on a BigMuff, or an MXR flanger, or my digitech delay.  The Electrix
stuff seems to have that sort of immediacy and playability designed
into them...at the sacrifice of led screens and presets and such.

i got a chance to mess about with a korg ms2000 modelling synth with
a Electrix WarpFactory and a MOFX hooked up to it...didn't touch a
preset and goofed for almost an hour...what fun.

rich