Feedback control

>>>Not exactly. I loop with the DL4, keyboards, samplers, and other
mysterious things. I do transitions for the most part by sustaining a
complex, rhythimic tone or texture or melody, and fade out the previous
loop with the mixer (if I have a free hand) or the expression pedal on the
DL4, stop the loop, start a new loop of what i'm doing without hearing the
output from the dl4, then fade out the note while bringing up the dl4
level and pray I looped it right.

Needless to say, this is a pain in the ass. If I had feedback control, I
could fade out the previous loop without killing the output of the DL4,
and I could monitor the new loop while creating it.<<<

Just to throw a vote in for the pedal brigade, I'm happier having
expression
pedal control over feedback than I am with a preset feedback control. I
love
being able to use the expression pedal to fade in and out, and to bring the
loop level up and down so I can 'trade licks' with the loop, with the loop
running continuously but being brought up in volume between the phrases
that
I'm playing.

feedback control is a nice feature, but it's not vital, and if it was a
choice between expression pedal control or variable feedback, I'd go with
the expression pedal...

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk