DL-4, Feedback control & the lost thread

  Hey all,

Funny if this is barking up the wrong alley, but the "Feedback Control"
thread has been pretty sketchy on subject ; )

As to: Feedback Control on the DL-4, someone (I wish I could remember who
to credit),
suggested this just yesterday on a thread about another stereo looper.
so here it was (applied to the DL-4):

Input (guitar synth in my case) to an A/B "Y" switch.
                A: straight through effects to amp/mixer.
                B: to the DL-4 left channel input

(here's the brilliant part of that thread)

DL-4 left channel output --> volume pedal --> DL-4 right channel input -->
        right channel output --> volume control --> amp/mixer

whew! Last night I read this and said to myself, "uuhhh, wha?"
So I wired it up and tried it. If I strike a loop & leave it in overdub,
1:      the midloop volume provides swell/feedback control
2:      the use of overdub (button A) on/off allows a slow form of
                fade control.
3:      the DL-4's built in pre-delay creates a nice control-able
                "loopspeed" style effect with the expression pedal.

Needless to say, this formation of spaghetti on my floor has breathed
a-lot of new life into this pedal (DL-4) until I buy a second looper.

-William (Tucson, AZ)

   :Needless to say, this is a pain in the ass. If I had feedback control,
   :could fade out the previous loop without killing the output of the DL4,
   :and I could monitor the new loop while creating it.<<<
   :