midi -- looping -- effects

I know that a lot had been said about good/bad midi footcontrollers
here.  But even after searching thoroughly the LD archives I still
don't find the information I really need right now:

What footcontroller can I buy, which would be good for controlling
several effects + EDP at once?  I find many comments on LD about not
good footcontrollers -- but which ones are good?  I want something on
which I could program individual switches to send different program
changes on different channels, and the switches would be programmable
as momentary.  Quality, relibility and availability are more important
than $.

Is anyone using any specific footcontroller which would be able of
that -- and be currently produced and available?

Petr Dolák
music * poetry
guitar * looping * percussion
petr@tryi.com