Re: Vortex Noise

    Don't know if this could be the problem, but my rack setup was
extremely (almost unusably) noisy in the few minutes before I
properly grounded everything & ensured there were no ground loops.
The combination of the Vortex and a Mesa Boogie Studio Pre gave me
ridiculous amounts of noise. Solution was to float the chassis ground
of the Boogie and ground the Vortex only through one cable. All other
cables touching the Vortex and the Boogie have the shield snipped on
one end. It took a little while to plan out, but now it's damn quiet.
Except when I don't want it to be, of course :)...

                                                    - Mike