Vortex noisy?

/delurk,on

I think the best way to describe this is that the Vortex in of itself
isn't necessarily very noisy (I've heard much noisier), but, if you
feed it a stratocaster with vintage single coils and you're standing
next to both a neon sign and a computer monitor at the same time, it
will sound like hamburgers frying.  But if you feed it a noise-gated
or clean signal, it shouldn't be too bad.

Some examples of multi-overdubbed vortexian silliness is online at
www.mp3.com/aliensporebomb, specifically the track "aliensporebomb",
but thems the breaks.

/lurk,on