RE: OT gig spam question

Borders has been great to me as well. They generally book more diverse music than the average cafe. Also, they let you sell CDs without going thru their registers, so you get to keep all of the $. Also, you don't *have* to play in the cafe. I usually play in the 'art book' section, where there are some nice couches and chairs. It is also quieter there, and you don't have to compete with the sound of chairs on a tile floor, or the espresso machines. Pay is whatever you work out with them, it seems it is different per performer.

Dave Eichenberger- guitars.loops.devices
http://www.hazardfactor.com

I play borders regularly, it's a great place to play, sometimes it almost seems liek the people actually listen to you play as opposed to some of the bars where most are not lsitening really. I enjoy playing there a lot. Well if you want to call less than $100 getting paid hehehe(on the other hand I have played places where the fee was $15?!)...but its not about the money I don't think...I mean it's a chance to be heard and to create a really cool atmosphere. I highly recommend it, it also doesnt hurt your cd sales there.