Re: wall wart grief

--- Will Brake <wbrake@home.com> wrote:
> David,
> Units that require an AC supply will not work with a DC input
> voltage.
> Will Brake
> Soul Fruit

This statement is not true.  I know because I have powered ac input
devices (roland gr-09) with the same value dc input.  It does work.  I
am an electrical engineer.  The ac input device has diodes inside to
rectify the ac.  If you pass a dc voltage into the rectifiers, they
simply pass the current through, if they are forward biased.  As long
as you do not exceed the diode's voltage rating, and current rating
there will be no problems.  This has been discussed here before.

bret