Re: droning questions

At 12:21 PM -0600 3/29/01, lindsay@pavestone.com wrote:
>The most recent issue of Guitar Player has a review/infoblurb on someone's
>recreation of the Coral Eclectric Sitar.  Bob something.  He used to do
>Danalectro reissues, before Danalectro came back.  Forget his name.
>Anyway, I don't think the thing was that expensive.

The Jerry Jones Master Sitar
<http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/electric%20sitar.htm>.

List price is $795.00, plus $120 for a case. The Baby Sitar is
$595.00, plus $55 for a gig bag.

At NAMM they were showing a new model that had regular tuning pegs
for the sympathetic strings.

Jerry's instrument is a dead ringer for the original Coral Electric
Sitar, but it is reported to have better intonation.  I like mine
fine (it's on one cut of the Aias Zone CD), though the balance is
neck-heavy.

Richard Zvonar, PhD                     zvonar@zvonar.com
(818) 788-2202 voice                    zvonar@LCSaudio.com
(818) 788-2203 fax                      zvonar@well.com