Re: Windozing in the Sun

>>Now would be a good time for someone to talk about Max/MSP...Or
>>are all these Windoze people taking over the forum? :)
[...]
>    The whole Mac/Windows enmity is so tiring to me.    He plays a
>stratocaster.   She plays a les paul.    Of course they can produce
>different and/or similar results.     The only important question is:
>what do they do creatively with their tools and do we happen to like the
>results?     End of story, as far as I'm concerned.

    Certainly not my intent to sow dissent. While my personal
preference is very strongly Mac-side, I wasn't even really trying to
bring that up. I was just poking fun at the recent 30-odd messages on
Win sound apps. :)
    Well, not really. The real reason I threw the comment in was to
emphasize the fact that Max/MSP is a Mac-only product, at least for
the foreseeable future. For those of you not in the know, it really
is a remarkable programming platform. And just wait until they
release their looping tool! Full VST support, among other notables...
    And of course I agree very much with Rick: what you have isn't so
much the point. How you use it is everything. A $30 RDS box can be
used with more inventiveness and enjoyment than a fully loaded EDP.
Then again, in the hands of a master, an EDP is a pretty serious
beast :)...But in the end, it's all about the music.

                                                    - Mike