Re: Drum machine set up for looping rack

Hi Denis-

I use two Oberheim DX's; one with factory MIDI in/out, and the other with
MIDI out only on the
Stretch option.  Stretch is the clock master and sets the tempo.  I use
MIDI out on the other DX to
sync a Jomox XBase 09, and then use its MIDI thru to sync an EDP (now
we're on topic).

If I am playing bass, it is generally just to create a loop, so I just run
each machine into its own
channel and generally mix them with the master level controls on the drum
machines.  One possible
solution for you could be to use, for example, an Ernie Ball Stereo/Pan
Volume Pedal to pan between
the left and right channels of your DR-5.  The 500K resistance may not be
ideal for line level, but
it should work.  Alternatively, a Boss SE-70 effects processor has a
two-channel mixer as one of its
patches, which is controllable via footpedal.  On the cheap, you could
even use an A/B switch to
switch between the two, as long as you didn't want to hear both at once.
I think there's even an
A/B/A+B box out there somewhere, although it would be easy enough to build
your own.

-Hans