Re: Logic Audio Loops

Jeff,

Can the enabling of the buss sends or muting of the
tracks or delays be accomplished through midi (foot
pedal, for instance)?

Can you envision how a similar Logic setup could be
created to do this for midi looping?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm seriously toying
with the idea of switching from Windoze/Cakewalk to
Mac/Logic, and before I do, I'd like to understand
Logic's midi looping / midi control capabilities for
live usage.

Thanks,

stephen

--- Jeff van Dyck <jdyck@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> I was thinking the other day about Logic Audio's
> live inputs and some
> delays....well the verdict is...a very cool software
> looper system!
>
> Using plugins, I started with a noise gate on the
> input, then assigned 4
> buss sends,
> each to a separate instance of a Waves SuperTap 2
> Tap Delay...On the
> delays, I turned on one tap and had it at 8 1/4
> notes delay, with
> 100% feedback with the same amount of delay...so by
> enabling any of
> the 4 buss sends on the input, I can record an audio
> loop, and then
> mute one of the delays if I want to. I can even add
> other plugins, without
> disturbing the loop. It's really quite amazing.
>
> The result is a live 4 track infinite audio loop
> that syncs to midi.
> Latency is a non issue on my Mac G3 300.
>
> This is a great example of how flexible Logic can
> be.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

=====