plunderphonic - one hand clapping (or four?)

What are the ethics of downloading John Oswald from Napster?  Does that
make
it twice as bad as supporting his Plunderphonics by buying it - or half as
bad?

I'm being flippant, of course.  I think that Negativland's whole
performance
art around U2 was fascinating and thought provoking.  A lot of meat to chew
on.  I find Oswald's stuff less compelling - it's partly aesthetics, but I
haven't seen him articulate his issues in the same way Hosler and Co have.