From: omjn [mailto:eightohm@iinet.net.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 8:08 PM
To: Loopers-Delight
Subject: attn newcomers (and Kim)

hi all

While I am not one of so called "old farts" of this list I have been around
long enough to get an understanding of what does and does not get answered
in terms of questions by newbies.  What I can tell you is that very vague
and general questions about hardware that show you haven't done any
research
into LOOPING tools, and not general sampling, multitracking equipment, will
NOT get an answer.

My advice to anyone new on the list who has hardware related questions is
check out the Looper's Delight webpages which have quite a comprehensive
list of reviews of LOOP specific hardware.  If your hardware questions do
not relate to what you see on this website, chances are, this really isn't
the list for you.  Or at least, you're better off lurking for a while to
get
a better feel for what's going on before asking youre next question.

So what's the URL?

That's my question for Kim.  I always forget the damned URL, and while I
know it's pretty easy to do a quick search for looper's delight, or indeed
keep the bloody thing in my bookmarks, I still keep forgetting it.

SOOO, Kim, why don't, as is done in many other lists I am a member of, you
add a signature to all outgoing mails which includes the url for
loopers-delight and a quick unsubscribe line.  this would seem to solve two
of the most common problems faced by newbies.  just a suggestion.  given I
haven't had much mail answered on this list yet I will probably just go
back
to lurking.

OH yeah, the URL
http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html
pretty obvious really, but if its there in front of peoples faces there is
no excuse, and less of that newbie hostility, or at least ignorance of
ignorance, that seems to go on around here.

love+respect

michael