Re: indian percussion looping and such

>From: "Haresh Bakshi" <hareshbakshi@hotmail.com>

>Hi Richard,  creating consciousness about live looping is a very
>pragmatic>proposal.  Indian music has/can have much looping, when used
>judiciously.>Such Indian loops can be eminently suitable for jamming and
>World >music,>too.
>
>My problem is: Which software will especially suit looping in Indian
>music?>[Tanpura, tabla, fast, repetitive Sitar passages etc.]
>
>Regards,
>Haresh.

actually, i'm indian and i did something very simple with some layered
drone
guitars and a one bar loop with a few tabla/percussion sounds. i'm going
incorporate more indian percussion in me tracks and this is my "testing
the
waters" track. i would like some feedback if you don't mind.
www.mp3.com/PV
- track called "the liquid space"

if you can give me examples of stuff that involves looping with this
percussion sound, do let me know.

thanks...dino