Re: Electrix going out of business?

mark@redmoon-music.com writes:

It's pretty common these days for a small company to consolidate their
resources on where they think the market is.

But is there a great market for looping devices? It strikes me that if a
company consolidated their resources (i.e. eliminated their other product
offerings) to focus on looping devices (i.e. Repeater), it would be a serious
error in judgement. Certainly there are enough folks to drive the existing
looper market and keep the eBay sellers of Jammen, et al flush, but to bank
one's whole company on loopers?! Doesn't make sense to me. By the same token,
maybe the market Electrix was targeting with the other devices (assumedly
DJ's to some extent) isn't all that great. Maybe they can pick up the Alesis
Masterlink market!

Regards, Pavel