RE: What the heck is Behringer doing?

>From: Richard Zvonar <zvonar@zvonar.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: RE: What the heck is Behringer doing?
>Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:55:15 -0700
>
>At 9:20 PM -0500 6/9/01, Mike Feeney wrote:
>>
>>Well, I don't mind if they ripped the designs off from other
>>companies as long as the equipment does the job, and that's what it
>>looks like you guys are saying.  So I think I'll go with the
>>Behringer.  =)

...but you must realize that all this "reverse engineering" yields some
diminishing returns.  Yes, the Behringer mixers resesemble the Mackie's
that
were "lifted" from, but, I have used both and found the Behringer pre-amps
far inferior to Mackies'. Same with the AutoCom, which is a cool
design...but a little watered down.  Most of the stuff I have tried from
Behringer, while certainly affordable (and you must give them points for
that...putting out gear musicians can use at price musicians can afford)
is
not of the high quality it claims. This goes for their itsy bitsy lil
mixers
to their consoles to their monitors.  And I don't even want to know about
their version of the POD....
     Personally, when I go shopping for gear, I get the best I can...not
something to make do with.  I want something I can use. That is true for
Behringer stuff.  I do not doubt that some of you are really happpy with
their products, and are, no doubt, doing some wonderfully creative stuff
with it...I am not trying to knock it at all.  But let's not compare it to
what it was ripped from.  It is, per se, just a little less.  But then
again, I've heard folks with their full blown Mackie HD systems turn out
some pretty insipid, life-less music, and some REALLY icredible, creative
and breath-taking music come out beat up 4 tracks!  It ain't the gear, but
the person using it!
Max