Re: What the heck is Behringer doing?

----- Original Message -----
From: "max valentino" <ekstasis1@hotmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 6:17 AM
Subject: RE: What the heck is Behringer doing?

> >From: Richard Zvonar <zvonar@zvonar.com>
> >To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> >Subject: RE: What the heck is Behringer doing?
> >Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:55:15 -0700
> >
> >At 9:20 PM -0500 6/9/01, Mike Feeney wrote:
> >>
> >>Well, I don't mind if they ripped the designs off from other
> >>companies as long as the equipment does the job, and that's what it
> >>looks like you guys are saying.  So I think I'll go with the
> >>Behringer.  =)
>
> ...but you must realize that all this "reverse engineering" yields some
> diminishing returns.  Yes, the Behringer mixers resesemble the Mackie's
that
> were "lifted" from, but, I have used both and found the Behringer
>pre-amps
> far inferior to Mackies'.

You did use some kind of spectral software to test this? I used and opened
mackie 1604 (not the last series) and my Behringer 2004, and, surprise, I
found exactly the same pre-amp (as far as the electronic parts concern),
and
if they were only visually resembling the mackies, I don't think that
mackie
would sue them.Almost all the mixers look similar. But here in europe,
where
you can't seem to be able to find a mackie at a decent price (at least here
in Italy, a 1604 has the list price of 1500$, 3000000 italian liras, the
street price is almost 800 $ or 900 $; for a used Mackie 32/8 here you're
going to pay almost 4000$, twice the price you have to pay for a NEW
Behringer MX8000 or a Behringer 3208), to find some equipment that has the
same quality at the price it should have is not that bad. As for the
Autocom, I buy many magazines regarding recording studios (EQ,The Mix,
etc),
and I find that many studios use Behringer compressors (and I'm not talking
about home or project studios, but even some high end studios, which use
them together with higher end products, like Drawmers etc.).
Working as a Recording engineer I have found that not always the priciest
means the best. And that applies to many things sorrounding music. I tried
25th anniversary BOSE cube system, which costed almost 6 or 7 times more
than the normal one, A/B the anniversary and the normal ones in the same
room, and I found them sounding 99% the same. But then I heard someone
telling that the anniversary ones sounded better, as he was looking at the
prices.
That is all personal. I tend not to look at the price, but to listen the
sound. Someone does it the other way.
Bye - Luigi.