Re: Behringer

So why are people really down on Behringer?
There's no evidence as to how they treat their Chinese employees.
And there doesn't appear to be a proven case of them ripping
off circuits that weren't public domain.

Seems to me that they try to make products
that are either similar to something already on the market,
but improved. (Ok, and/or cheaper).

Seems to me that Mackie enjoyed an inflated reputation
prior to Behringer, I tried their mixers and thought
they were just another cheapo variety.

after Behringer they've redesigned their products,
(claiming a massive improvement in pre-amp quality)
I'd call this healthy competition.

It seemed that after Behringer introduced compressors
with auto-settng that a whole load of other
companies copied them, they've also produced
gear with no equivalents elsewhere.

Not that I'm pro-Behringer (apart from buying some of their stuff),
but I'm interested as to why they are picked out as
being particularly unethical as compared to other companies
(Lexicon MPX100  "made in PRC")

Well if they do ever bring out a looper?????

andy butler