RE: Yo

Andy,

        Have to agree, I enjoy using my Steinberger Spirit, too, however,
I much
prefer the completely graphite bodied Steinberger instruments (this
includes
basses).  A fellow that I used to play with described the Steinberger sound
as being "clinical."
        In my view, I've always enjoyed the clean sound of a Steinberger
to that of
other instruments out there.  This is just an opinion, neither right nor
wrong.  The other thing I've found with the graphite has been slightly
better tracking with either GK-1, GK-2, and GK-2a'ed driven guitar synths
out there, mostly from the lower strings (just need to be sure that you
haven't dropped your action too low and then they really shine quite
nicely).  Have to agree with a few other posts both prior and present, the
feel of the neck is much more to my liking.  Won't go into the theory bit
about how a headstock messes with the tuning, sound and sustain, but it is
factor, too.

        Supposedly, MusicYo will be selling graphite necked models of the
Spirit
line (I'm wondering if this is going to be a Spirit body coupled with a
MosesGraphite neck)?  The other thing, I'm hoping that'll get released is
the 12-string nut and bridge/tuning hardware, but that's a dream for
another
time, eh?

        Slightly off this topic, hoping that Emmett will be releasing a
12-string
version of his Stealth Stick (this is another Carbon Graphite instrument).

        Many thanks to whoever hipped me to the Music Yo site from this
list a few
years back!

        Tap on, loop extended, gliss out,

                LeeohkinoWired.