Octophonic sound system

Hi!

   I'm very interested in the software you and your friend are working on.
 I got your post through Looper's Delight, and I have to say I was
floored.  I've thought about an independent channel octophonic system for
years now, and have many ideas on the subject.

    My question is, are you just making a program that will allow discreet
mixing to the 8 channels, or are you programming an automatic mixing
architecture that will allow locallized sound placement within an audio
matrix field?  This way, one could use a joystick to "drive" a sound
across the field, and, if one were especially tricky, program
psychoacoustic effects to follow the sound along, such as a simple phased
doppler effect as it passes "center" or a reverb dispersion which
simulates space beyond the speaker array itself, turning a localized
listening room into an enourmous cathedral.

     This kind of software would also be crucial for the programming of
supersonic sounds summing out of phase at their intersection point,
creating an ACTUAL locallized sound, which can only be heard within the
intersection.  As you might know, supersonic sounds have a low rate of
dispersion, and can be focused like a laser.  If one were to create an
array of these speakers, one could actually pixellate sound.  (providing
there's no one and nothing else in the room to obstruct the sounds from
reaching their intersection)

    Please let me know if any of these are being addressed, and when you
expect to be finished.

                        Sincerely,
                             Aaron Goldsmith