RE: Octophonic sound system

hey,

>>discret mixing VS automatic mixing
  It's interesting you're talking about a joystick. This is the way we
intend to control the sound placement (and 2 joystick for Octophonic, like
if you're driving a Caterpillar). In order to be able to recreate the
ambience, we are recording the joystick movements. So we let the original
sound (wav file) without modifications.

  I've not thought about virtual spaces thanks to reverb or supersonic
sounds summing, this way looks interesting, but i think my technical
knowledge in audio treatment is a bit too poor. If you have more info on
this i'm interested.

You have to know that here in Paris, at the IRCAM (http://www.ircam.fr
director: Pierre Boulez) The often play Octophonic shows with
software/hardware of their own. Unfortunately, i've missed the las one on
21st june.
They provide a subscription to a service (i think it's worldwide) where you
have acces to a lot of software they developp. interesting, but expensive
me.

I finish my job tomorrow, and i have two months to run into music at 100%.
We don't have a deadline for this project, we're just working on it, and as
we aren't Audio developpers (only simple C++ developpers), some things are
real headache.

This subject is opened to any ideas.
RAF.