Re: OT steinberger guitar question

It is a master tuner (I think adjusts the spring tension for overall
tuning,
it's used to align the bridge with the locking mechanism so you can
lock/unlock without affecting the tuning. It also means you can lock the
bridge, change the tuning (say drop D) then unlock the bridge and adjust
using the master tune so you can use the trem.

Martin Shellard