RE: Pedal boards

I lay out my pedals (and cutouts for any proposed new ones...) taking into
account whether I want any on risers or tiers... then use either 1/4" or
3/8" baltic birch plywood... which is an expensive wood, but really
strong. Velcro is used to mount the pedals... I glue and screw hardwood
risers for the second tier to the baseplate, then use velcro and t-nuts to
attach the riser top plate. Which makes it easy to remove the top plate
using just two furniture screws with large diameter allen heads. The
velcro does most of the holding while the t-nuts make it fail-safe. The
bonus of having a riser is that there's room below it for power supplies,
midi relay switchers, and cables. Mine's about 30" x 18"-20" I believe...
It's a pain having a case made for it because I have a tall Lovetone pedal
on the back riser which is so much higher than the other stuff with jacks
pointing upward... which would put them up against any padding on the
inside of the case making it susceptible to failure... still trying to
figure out a better sport and way to mount the Lovetone stuff...

-Miko

>>> Steuart.Liebig@maritz.com 07/03/01 01:13PM >>>
my "pedal board" is laughable . . . it's pieces of fomecor (it's light!)
velcroed together with pedals velcroed to that. i have two that are modular
- - small set-up and extension for the big set-up - - side by side . . .
both are double-decker items. looks like crap.