Re: More on EDP "multiply" bugs

>O my peeps,
>
>>  If I hit "undo" *after* I've finished the multiply (by hitting
>>  multiply a second time), the material that recorded during the multiply
>>  is erased, but the loop length remains multiplied.  This isn't what I
>>  want.  I know that I can "trim" the loop back to a single cycle, but
>>  that's extra (and annoying) work.  Anyone else consider this to be a
>>  shortcoming?
>
>I personally don't consider it a shortcoming, but I think it depends
>upon exactly what you're trying to do.   And depending on the length
>of the multiple/cycle, it might scarcely take any additional time...
>
>If you basically want to multiply a loop, and then instantly reduce it
>to a single cycle with no sound...  Hmmm.  Off the top of my head I'm
>not 100% sure how one would do that, but Insertmode=replace would be a
>good place to start.  Multiple loops would be another strategy.

I dont think he wants it with silence, but if so, just reduce FB
while multiplying!

>This is the usual point in a thread when Kim pipes in with the
>brilliantly simple and obvious answer that we've all overlooked, so...
>  Kim?
>
>>  I have been using record or overdub to end a remultiply a lot, thus
>creating
>>  a new cycle.  Does this "bug" manifest itself in this case?  (I would
>check
>>  it out myself, but nothing is set up right now.)
>
>I don't THINK so, but don't quote me on it.  Part of what gives the
>Sylmar trick it's characteristic sound is that it scrolls through the
>memory of different cycles, even after those cycles have been deleted.
>  But I believe that ending a remultiply with record or overdub wipes
>the memory in such a way that this doesn't happen.

thats what I was asking about: so far, after a Multi-Record, you
cannot go back before that with UNDO, but that would be easy to
change.
Multi-Overdub is just the same as Multi-Multi, in respect to timing and
Undo.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org