Re: endless loop tapes

----- Original Message -----
From: "diatom drone" <skincage@infin8ty.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Cc: <oddmusic@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 3:39 AM
Subject: endless loop tapes

> 1. what's the easiest way to kill that gap/pop ?

    I've had good luck with a tiny dab of superglue.  Also a splicing kit
will do if you're very careful with
butting the ends together.

> 2. is there any way to record on the other side?

    What do you mean?  The flip side of the tape?  My splices hold up for
playing backwards in a 4 track
cassette machine.  If you mean the back side of the tape, no, it has no
oxide on it to record to.

> actually any help getting me pointed in the right direction for
> experimenting with tape would be great. i'm already having a lot of fun
> sampling this horrible giant scorpion movie off tv and playing with the
> playback speed and eq.

   Sounds like some of the stuff I've done :-)