RE: Any dj's using loops live (The Rest Of You Can...)

Title: RE: Any dj's using loops live (The Rest Of You Can...)
At 9:31 PM -0700 7/10/01, Kevin Mulvihill wrote:
Heck, Richard, after reading your post, I'd be interested in going to see you play sometime! Send me a gig spam email when the next performance comes up.

The only things coming up are the Ought-One Festival August 25-26, 2001 in Plainfield, Vermont and the Eclectic Orange Festival at the at the Orange County Art Museum in Newport Beach, October 6-29.

The piece for Ought-One will be an 8-channel tape piece made up entirely of the sounds of frogs and crickets. The piece for Electric Orange will be a short piece for nine MIDI-controlled toy pianos, part of an installation by the sound artist Trimpin. A group of composers are writing 2-minute pieces for this, and an audience member will be able to select one of the pieces by putting a quarter into the slot of a "jukebox". At the end of the month we all get to keep the quarters.

No looping in either piece, I'm afraid.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com