Re:

Your best bet is to to to www.electrixpro.com and see if there is a
dealer listing.  If there isn't, I'm sure if you go to 51st St. in
Manhatten (a little help on the cross street?) you will find about a
dozen music stores, including Alex music and Rudy's (where I bought my
first real guitar!)  They're not known for their "personal" service for
smaller customers, but I bet you'll find a Repeater in at least one of
the stores.  Have a big salty pretzel while you're there.  They're
terrible, but it will help you with the NYC experience.

Mark