Re: gig spam and question about playing outdoors

i've done some playing outside and here's my take:

    -sound spreads much more easily and this results in
     much less volume for the listener because you won't
     have wall reflections reinforcing the sound.  monitoring
     is much more important as well for the same reason.

    -acoustic wind instruments can seem to disappear.  it is quite
difficult
     not to overblow.  (probably not an issue for you)

    -wind can literally carry the sound away.

    -reflections from nearby buildings can be quite disconcerting
     especially for percussive sounds.  sometimes they return
     quite loudly.  it can be quite difficult to tell how many shots were
     fired and whether or not they all came from the book depository...

    -get out of the sun if at all possible.
     you and your gear will both get very hot in direct sunlight.
     (drink lots of water and use an umbrella if you don't mind how
     dorky that might look)

i'm sure others will fill in stuff i have forgotten or didn't know...

good luck