Re: gig spam and question about playing outdoors

Todd wrote:
>I actually saw a guitarist about to toss his amp once because of a
>mysterious hum.  His drummer strolled over and lifted his distortion pedal
>off the grass and viola.

He had a distortion pedal on his viola?  Was it John Cale, by any chance?
:-)

>I'll second this.  I love playing outdoors; birds singing along, trees
>overhead, blue sky, cool breezes, etc.

I agree, but I'll never forget my first outdoor gig with birds singing in
the trees overhead -- one of them decided that I was as good a place as any
to relieve himself . . .  :-(