Re: DON'T TRUST THE SOUND MAN

heh, that sounds like an out door gig where I found out that the output
of my guitar synth was only in my monitor mix.  After the hot and sweaty
summer show, people came up to me and said, "Nice air guitar."  Don't be
so fast to judge though, although I've found that 95% of "pro" audio
engineers SUCK. I've also found some good ones.  It's like a hair cut,
sometimes you've got to be REALLY specific about what you want.  My band
used to play a club (Robbie Acteo I'm sure knows this one) where they
had massive subwoofers mounted in the stage!  It sounded like HELL.
Every bass note would rattle the drums.  It was like playing with a fog
horn (not that that's a bad thing in the right contex)  I almost got
into a fist fight when I demanded (after being ignored) that the subs be
OFF.  The "engineer" was being paid by the band (club rules regardless
of if you had your own gear/engineer) but basically had the "I don't
care what you want, this is the way I do it" attitude.  He finally
agreed to kill the subs, but then turned them back on during the
performance.  I left the stage and got in his face, and he turned it
back off.  BOY!

Mark