Re: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

Oh, don't get me wrong, my faith in most humans is very low.  I know the
majority of people could care less about what they listen too.  I just
think
that it would be more balanced if there was more of a choice available.
Most
people don't have the cash to just go into a record store and buy random
cds.
Most record stores won't carry too many albums from non established
musicians
anyway, so even if there was... (Oh how I love Ameoba Records in Berkeley!
Huge experimental section!)

I also want to clarify, that I'm not even talking about bands like King
Crimson. (although early MTV used to have the Lark's Tongue in Aspic video
in
it's rotation.  Can you believe it?)  I'm talking 'bout POP music.  I LOVE
good pop from time to time.  I just can't seem to find much.  I loved
Radiohead's Kid A album, but I've never heard a cut from that album on the
radio.  A review I read said it was horrible.  Will they try and release
another more experimental album?  I hope so.  The fact that Beck albums
make
it into the top 40 leads me to believe that people will buy stuff that's
more
"out there" if they're aware of it.