Re: mapS giG: bad club acoustics + feedback eliminator = room sizedinstrument

At 1:54 PM -0700 7/24/01, Simran gleason wrote:

>This is where things got fun. Since I like to search out resonant spaces
>(caves, doorways, ceteras) to sing in, I tend to gravitate towards
>singing into the resonant spaces in a system (be it electrical or
>architectural). I found myself seeking out the resonant nodes that were
>missed (so far) by the black box. The volume would swell, rise to a
>crescendo, and then the black box would catch on to what I was doing and
>squelch my frequency. After a bit I would find another.
>
>The end result was a slow sussuration of barely controllable frequency
>swellings. The sound guy was horrified. I was having a fantastic time.
>It really felt like I was playing the room.

Fantastic!

Feedback can be a beautiful thing. I'm reminded of such classics as
The Wolfman, Pendulum Music, and David Tudor's networks. The use of
the feedback exterminator is also reminiscent of Hornpipe.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com