FW: reaching folks

Title: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad
No, I think you're right--but people get to make up their own minds--
The question is how to reach folks without going door to door--seems like the 'net is just the ticket.
Gary

** i think that the biggest boon that the internet holds for the "creative" musician is the opportunity to network with other like-minded folk, plan and book gig or rehearsal activities for projects, or research other like-minded folks' music, etc.

i'm not really convinced that it holds much more for us than would a record store in terms of reaching people who haven't heard what it is we *do* - - people who don't already have experience with experimental music (or what ever you wanna call it). i say this because people have to WANT to find something and actively search it out - - and i'm not really sure how that's gonna happen unless they're already interested. if someone could explain why i'm wrong about this, it would help me to be more optimistic about the 'net as the "salvation" of "creative" music.

stig