RE: reaching folks

Miko > For the average music-seeking public, (and myself)... Access to MP3
and Real Audio has really helped me to sample before I buy. I know there
are listening kiosks at most major retailers now, but the range you can
find on the internet is so much greater. Hell... I can listen to a large
number of our own members! Over on Live365 there's loads of experimental
radion stations...

Stig ** okay, see this is where i see all of the resources and
oportunities and "virtual venues" (or what ever ya wanna call 'em), but
i'm not sure how people FIND that stuff unless they're freaks like us and
already know they wanna find it . . . it's great they can download mp3s
and all, but how do they arrive at finding YOURS? please guide me to an
understanding of how this happens.

Well... part of my enthusiasm in this is due to the fact that *I FOUND*
all these freaks like us... I'm hoping that this indicates there are more
than I had previously believed possible. Wishful thinking, but in our
instance it holds true. I'll continue to hope that more and more people
who are truly interested in music will push the envelope on finding useful
alternatives to the traditional corporatized outlets. (This thread is now
merging with another!)

Miko > as well as CryptoRadio... which is a label you're on if I'm not
mistaken? (I know there's many of your cohorts there...)

Stig ** yeah my new cd (pomegranate, 31 july street date, with m. dresser,
t. varner, v. golia and n. cline) is on cryptogramophone.

So everyone buy it already! 8-)  Can't wait to hear it...

Miko > It may not grow you as fast as having a distribution deal, but the
community is priceless.

Stig ** i think it has a lot of potential, but mostly i see it as a great
arena for exchanging ideas and so forth.  stig

It keeps the fires going for me! I want to help this all grow if
possible... not quite sure how, but I'm definitely a cheerleader. (Sorta
like Tim Nelson and his Ganja Fairy thing, but more manly! OK... if I have
to wear a dress...)

Best,
-Miko