RE: EMUSIC Playlist #224

It is because of Bill's weekly posting that I knew EMUSIC existed. I sent
Bill a copy of my most recent CD and he found it appropriate for playing on
his show earlier this month. Though I couldn't listen to my music on the
radio as I'm 3000 miles away, I did get some satisfaction in knowing that
somewhere in the world my music was being sent over the airwaves. For this,
I am grateful. I appreciate and welcome Bill's list each and every week.

>Bill
>have you EVER thought that not everybody here CAN listen to a small FM
>station from Allentown?
>or are we all from US? I don't send my stuff since I know the majority of
>people here would never be able to get to it anyways.
>Evidently you never thought about that!
>
>Italo

Dear Italo,

I'd have to be a vegetable AND dumb as sticks to have never thought about
that.
What kind of a mouth breathing Philistine do you think I am?  My playlists
have
nothing to do with one's ability to receive WDIY.  My playlists are
encouragement to musicians that there IS an outlet for their creativity,
even if
they aren't a "big name" like Steve Roach or Robert Rich or Dweller at the
Threshold.  My playlists are an aid to music lovers who want to find out
new
musicians to investigate.  I dare say that I've been posting my playlists
here
with Kim's blessing for longer than you've been a member.  And LD members
have
appeared on my playlists when their music fits the EMUSIC format.  I feel
that
my playlists are a valuable service.  Testimony from people belonging to a
variety of mailing lists exists to prove it is successful in that capacity.
Your mileage may vary.

Dear David,

You have the choice to press delete.  I'm sure that you expect that there
will
be some messages on a mailing list that you find to be of less interest to
you
than other messages.  No list can provide 100% interesting messages to 100%
of
its readership.  And from my sig, you'll notice that I HAVE a Yahoo list.
It's
been around for a while now (since March).  Unless Kim deems my playlists
too
far off topic, you'll continue to see them here on LD.  If Kim says the
word, my
playlists are history on LD.

Best regards to all,

Bill        billfox@fast.net