Re: (NEW) rack to floor cables??

Actually, Pro-Co makes multi-core cable that is quite affordable. From 2
pair to 26 pairs. Add some barrel connectors for each end and your setup
will never be faster. My company specializes in control solutions and
modifications for musicians. If you have additional questions or want a
quote for your project (parts or completed), please let me know. All
advice is free...

Be Well

Will Brake
Soul Fruit

Richard Zvonar wrote:

> At 8:52 AM +0200 7/26/01, mark.red@involvelearning.com wrote:
>
> >On another issue: I have been thinking of making a big fat multicore
>cable
> >to connect my rack of er... stuff to all the misc pedals on the floor (a
> >good 20 minutes it take to plug in at soundcheck, by which time... there
> >isnt any!!!) Has anyone done this and found a good connector. It need to
> >take 6 audio/2midi/and various (8) stereo cable pedals (like the vortex
> >ones). I'm thinking of a big old metal box on the rack and a big old
>metal
> >box on the floorboard... could I use a mixing desk multicore cable....
> >Just wanted other peoples solutions... (When is stuff gonna be
>wireless???)
>
> This is an excellent idea. You can probably modify some existing
> cables, thus eliminating the fiddle part of the soldering. DA-88
> DB-25 and ADAT ELCO cables are easy to find. Your best bet might be
> to find a multiconductor extension cable with a male connector at one
> end and a female at the other. Then you could cut it in the middle
> and wire up the requisite connectors for your audio and control lines.
>
> http://www.mars-cam.com/cable/general/me_p42.html
>
> http://www.performanceaudio.com/proco/
>
> http://www.mars-cam.com/pl-dmtic.html
>
> http://www.performanceaudio.com/whirlwind/whirl_medusamdm.html
>
> Although this probably doesn't apply to your specific installation,
> those who want to run remote extensions should be aware that MIDI
> signals become unreliable over long distances and need to be boosted
> with MIDI line driver devices.
> --

> Richard Zvonar, PhD
> (818) 788-2202
> http://www.zvonar.com
> http://RZCybernetics.com
> http://www.cybmotion.com/aliaszone
> http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=rz
begin:vcard
n:Brake;Will
tel;cell:248-763-1103
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.soul-fruit.com
org:Soul Fruit
adr:;;2900 Rochester Road;Royal Oak;Michigan;48073;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:wbrake@home.com
title:http://www.soul-fruit.com
fn:Will Brake