RE: who fixes EDPs?

The ADC would probably be my first choice to change and the current part we
are using is a Phillips device ADC0804CN and is U12 on the PCB. It is a
20-pin device on a double-sided board so requires very careful extraction
or
the tracks will be damaged beyond repair. I've found the safest way is to
use a pair of very sharp flush-cut wire-cutters to cut all of the legs off
the device as near to the body of the chip as possible. You can then remove
each leg from the board with a soldering iron and a pair of long-nose
pliers. This will still leave the holes in the PCB full of solder, so this
then needs to be removed using a good solder-sucker.
However, having said all of this, I'd recommend it gets checked out by
Shane
Radke at Gibson in Elgin first as he has one of the 'production testers'
that I built, (Kim/Matthias design), and this can really help
fault-finding.
He also has a full set of parts so all of the socket mounted chips can be
swapped out first to see if they are causing the problem. This is very
quick
and requires no soldering; most of these parts are inexpensive and if it is
one of the socket-mounted devices, it will only take a matter of minutes to
find it.

Andy.