Re: Memory in the EDP

At 11:58 AM -0700 8/4/01, M. Steven Ginn wrote:
>Is the maximum memory the EDP can handle only 16megs?

yes, and it is shipped with that much now so you don't have to worry about
expanding it.

>Can it be increased
>using higher capacity SIMM's?

no, that is the limit it can handle.

>I remember using memory expanders with my PCs
>where I could plug a card carrying 4 SIMMs into a single mainboard SIMM
>slot.  Is this possible with the EDP?

sorry, no.

>Is 198 seconds really ample time while playing live to accomplish most
>looping possibilities?

yes, I think it is more than enough for most things anybody will likely do.
When we designed it we thought it was an incredible luxury to have that
much, and nobody would ever care to even upgrade it to that level. (memory
was much more expensive then.)   But of course, everybody always thinks
they need more of everything, even when they never use it...

kim