RE: Echoplex: Fun with the PMC-10

Gary Lehmann wrote:

> Hi all--
> Kim has encouraged me to share my remedial knowledge of the Echoplex with
> the list, so here is an item I have had some success with--
> It uses the PMC-10, a MIDI controller, so it's not for everyone--
> I have configured one of the switches to double multiply on string A and
> double record on string B, so that it acts as a loop length set button
with
> the quantize on--that way, you can create a loop, do lots of odd things
> it, and then create a new loop of any length using whatever material is
left
> in memory by holding the switch down for the length of the new loop.
> Is this the sort of thing anybody else has done?
> I will try to think of something else--'course I don't wanna give any
> secrets away--;^|
> Gary
To which Claude Voit replied:

**one of my main edp page/bank on the pmc10 is
**top row Feedback : 0  32      64      96      127
**botom row volume : 0  60      80      100
**
**The 100 value is not the max because I want to keep some volume on the
**side in case of volume mismatch
**the whole range is taken care by my peavey pc1600X wich is EDP friendly
**(but not a footcontroler)
**
**the feedback in steps allows me to, while not playin, enter overdub and
**at some musical point
**hit a lower feedback value and begin playin new material that will take
**its place in the loop very easily when the loop is already crowded. Its
**a good way to change subject.
**
**The above values are to be adapted on your own system and music
**
**If Sean http://sean_.home.mindspring.com/pmc/index.html once gives us
**Cut copy and paste in his pmc10 PC editor (Raymond) we could exchange
**patches and banks.........

Interesting . . .
So you can mix and match volumes and feedback levels!
I have managed to create one bank (nine patches) which very nearly do
everything I HAVE to have for the EDP.  3 of the 9 are combos of the two
footpedals (used for volumes and feedback levels) set as such--simultaneous
(one pedal controls volumes and feedback levels simultaneously), volume and
fade (with the feedback {"fade"} set from 44-127 with negative polarity so
that more volume=less feedback) and a third pedal combo with volume scaled
from 0-99 (as opposed to 127) and feedback scaled 64-127.  Since the PMC
can
send values from the pedals when patches are triggered this allows for a
variety of combinations.
Of course, this bank Claude has created shows how great it is to have a
bank
just for volumes and feedback levels.  But it's a pain to search thru banks
(or patches) for the right pedal.  It's nice to use a sequencer for
settings
too, but I'm trying to scale back!
Gary