Re: Multipair cables with Midi and Audio

> Steve Ginn wrote:
>
> I am in the process of trying to construct a multi pair cable that
> connects two different racks of equipment.  One rack contains midi
> controlled synths and the other rack contains mixer, processors, etc.
> Does anyone know if I build a multi channel connection snake, can I
> put midi and audio connections in the same cable, or should they be
> separated.  I would like to purchase one 24 channel cables to carry
> audio and midi for six devices (12 audio pairs and 12 midi pairs).
> Any ideas ... what should I be concerned about (shielding, etc.)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Ginn

Leave Audio alone in its own snake or you may experience "hearing Midi"

I had my rack recabled by my tech with 2 snakes coming from the ground
(midi+cv) (audio)
and 3 snakes assembling the 2 4U racks (Midi) (CV) (Audio)

15 min setup, power on, play.

I have some diagrams in PDF If you want to have a look

Claude