Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #434

> I remember that JamMan users always complained about the little hicks
>  they get when syncing with MIDI. Its what you get with MIDIclock.
>  More or less. I wonder how well the Repeater solves it. Maybe thats
>  what they are fighting with right now?
>  Does anyone use MIDIclock to sync audio equipment in a studio?

I've been syncing my EDPs to a JamMan. It's not perfect but does work.
I haven't found a way to keep the 2 EDPs brothersynced and still have them
respond to MIDI input.
Basically I see the 'little hicks' problem as insoluable, because
MIDI timing just isn't accurate enough for audio loops.
The EDP is very impressive in how it minimises this by
crossfading, something that wasn't even attempted on the JamMan.
As long as Quantise is on the EDPs stay synced with the JamMan
through all sorts of Inserts, Reverses and Multiplies.

>The upgrade goes much further with this.
> you can define whether you want to follow
>the others timing or create a new one which then your brother can
>take over if he likes it.
The current software already allows this (undocumented).
Recording on a blank Loop syncs, but
re-recording on a curent loop doesn't.
(a really nice feature)

andy butler